Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 96

Thread: what happened to the Spice Girls?

  1. #51
    Inactive Member JayStarr's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 21st, 2003
    Posts
    1,474
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Wink

    Sorry, too late.

    Seriously, don't you mean "removing?"

  2. #52
    Inactive Member JayStarr's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 21st, 2003
    Posts
    1,474
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Lightbulb

    Originally posted by Deviant D:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="4" face="Arial">Originally posted by JayForSure:
    "Refinding her boobs," interesting turn of phrase.

    I do recall something about her days doing TV in Turkey. I take the fact of her being a bit longer in the proverbial tooth than the rest made her more fodder for the media.

    Sun-fodder for sure.
    <font size="4" face="Arial">What do you mean, longer in the proverbial tooth?
    Geri's 29. And has been for seven years, I'll
    have you know. You can't argue with facts, mate.

    D.
    </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="4" face="Arial">I stand corrected. Geri's been 29 for the last seven years for some time now.

  3. #53
    Inactive Member deviantdee's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 13th, 2004
    Posts
    1,966
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    No.

  4. #54
    Inactive Member JayStarr's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 21st, 2003
    Posts
    1,474
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Lightbulb

    Not good enough.

  5. #55
    Inactive Member JayStarr's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 21st, 2003
    Posts
    1,474
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Lightbulb

    Originally posted by IH Rich Rags:
    I think Posh is great. Ive never heard anyone say anything about her other than she is great fun and charming and considerate to her friends.
    She was also the most womanly of the spice girls as opposed to, Dyke, Gobby Docker, Cartoon, and Dippy fairy.

    <font color="#FF0000"><font size="1">[ July 11, 2005 02:54 AM: Message edited by: IH Rich Rags ]</font></font>
    <font size="4" face="Arial">Is "Dyke" Melanie Brown? Dippy must be Emma Bunton AKA Baby Spice. Gobby must be our gel Geri, and Cartoon is Melanie Chisolm.

    Personally, I take no chances. Too much war between sexes now, thanks to feminist bullshit.

    <font color="#FF0000" size="1">[ July 12, 2005 08:32 AM: Message edited by: JayForSure ]</font>

  6. #56
    Inactive Member deviantdee's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 13th, 2004
    Posts
    1,966
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yeh, but, the feminist movement as been unswervingly
    domineered by 'Das Kapital' for eons. Maybe if
    they had read more illuminative/intellectual stuff
    like, say, Sontag, they might have been better
    off? (I wonder what They think of say, the Suicide
    Girls movement?)

    By the way, ignore the 'retraction' bollox, it's
    just a BB joke that, eh, cross-pollinated.

    Also - you OK, man? You seem a bit more subdued
    than usual.

    D.

  7. #57
    Inactive Member JayStarr's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 21st, 2003
    Posts
    1,474
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Lightbulb

    Actually, I think the feminists have already read far too much Sontag. Marx and Engels were for class consciousness, not foolish side issues.

    Sontag is such a big influence on "feminism" it's not even funny. Das Kapital is an economic treatise and not a polemic the way the Manifesto is, but neither book supports identity politics in any form, especially feminism with its inbult hatred of men..

    "Low-key", I'm either here or I'm not.

  8. #58
    Inactive Member deviantdee's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 13th, 2004
    Posts
    1,966
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I don't think Sontag is as much an influence as
    you believe, not on the documentaries (etc.) I've
    witnessed about the UK feminist movement. Maybe
    that's it, though, a UK-US division? I've always
    found Sontag to be highly readable, myself. She
    was a self-confessed Nabokovian, though, so I'm
    a bit biased. [img]wink.gif[/img] I was quite sad about her demise,
    if only because she had an acute insight into
    aesthetics and photography.

    'Manifesto', to me, reads like an ugly poem. Nothing
    more, nothing less.

    D.

    <font color="#FF0000" size="1">[ July 12, 2005 03:43 PM: Message edited by: Deviant D ]</font>

  9. #59
    Inactive Member JayStarr's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 21st, 2003
    Posts
    1,474
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Lightbulb

    Manifesto was a polemic for a short era, and not to be taken as a whole cloth. As for Sontag, she promoted identity politics as well as pomoism. I knew a girl when I was a mere youth who was named, believe it or not, Lolita Ford.

    Poem, no. Sort of battle plan, maybe. Anyway, it's not the whole cloth that the libertarian/fascist lunatic fringe take it as. I've actually seen sites where those kinds of nuts actually think the Manifesto was some sort of blueprint for some sort of evil plot to enslave people. Horseshit.

  10. #60
    Inactive Member deviantdee's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 13th, 2004
    Posts
    1,966
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    As soon as 'pomoism'/'post-modernism' raises its
    turgid head in a discussion, I turn off - sorry.

    D.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •